The Purchaser is responsible for effective supply management of required goods and services. Primary duties include inventory analysis, product sourcing, vendor selection, price negotiations and purchasing.
- Purchasing of general shop supplies and consumables (MRO). Examples below:
- Swagelok fittings (price/qty breaks list)
- Paint (verify pricing is with discount, not list price)
- Janitorial supplies
- Warehouse supplies
- Coordinate VMI (vendor managed inventory) arrangements, where applicable.
- Determine purchasing schedule, purchase goods and maintain inventory accordingly.
- Monitor purchase orders for on-time delivery of goods and services. Coordinate with Logistics for customs clearance, freight, etc.
- Verify received goods and services against purchasing paperwork.
- Handle incoming freight i.e., forwarder selection, update ETA’s, inform persons with a vested interest of the incoming parts, etc.
- General paperwork (receiving, invoice matching, discrepancies, creating reports, etc.).
- Studying CVS product lines and instrumentation terminology.
- Assume duties as required.
As an Order Picker, your main role is to process outgoing shipments by compiling products through packing slips. You will also assist the shipping team with prepping and packaging orders. This role includes documentation, loading, packaging, and clear communication with your team, drivers, and customers.
- Order Picker:
- Pick parts according to pick/packing slip.
- Confirm any outstanding shipments on order number list.
- Determine order of processing shipments according to customer ship date and courier pickup schedule.
- Ensure accuracy in completing all associated shipping documentation.
- Assist customers/carriers with order pick-up and loading.
- Proper securing of product to shipping pallet/box e.g. banding, wrapping, foam, boxing.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and efficient shipping department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.